The anesthesiologist didn't do the whole "count backwards from ten" thing, but last thing I remember was the mask being lowered over my face and being instructed to breathe deeply.
When I came to, I was in recovery and it took me a fair bit of time to reconnect the dots and work out where I was, and what happened to me. Felt like I lost a fight with a washing machine, while inside a bigger washing machine. Apparently the surgery was routine and didn't take too long, but it took me a bit longer than normal to recover from the anesthesia.
Luckily one of the nurses called my wife and let her know I was ok.
First meal post surgery was a salad with fish. Normally I'm not a fan of fish but since I hadn't eaten since Saturday dinner (about 48 hours) I found the salad quite tasty. I made sure to eat it slowly, didn't want to scarf it down and overload my digestive system.
The next part is to work out which meals I can eat. Without a gall bladder, if I eat stuff my body can't handle, apparently I'll get diahrrea. First two or three weeks I'll be the most delicate, after that my digestive system should have worked out how to get along without it.

No comments:
Post a Comment