Anyway, I currently have my Sony Ericsson W610i which has servmed me reasonably well thus far. It's okay, but there are a few things I'm not liking about it. I can keep using it, I'm just looking at other options.
The first thing to do is to decide what I want the phone to do. There's no point going out and buying something with little thought or reason as I'd probably buy some flashy but useless thing. Pity stores don't let you hold and try the phones.
Here's what I definitly must have in a phone:
- Make and receive phone calls easily
- Send and receive sms easily, including pre-emptive dictionary
- List missed calls / made calls / received calls
- Camera - best possible! This is very important!
- Be able to easily write notes to myself
- Sync with the computer (preferably on the Linux system, XP otherwise)
- not an iPhone
- no GPS
- no wireless
- be able access email
- use facebook / internet
- use mobile as modem for computer
If I think if anything else, I'll make sure that I write it down. I'd like my next phone to work nicely and last a long time.