Monday, June 2, 2008

One more time

Well, I’m starting yet another of my little projects. As you may already know, I’ve been toying with the idea of running webcomics. I’ve had two major offerings, of which TwaiP was the main one.

In that sort of vein, I have decided that I am going to get myself a graphics tablet. However, I don’t want to spend the money on one unless I know that I am going to stick with it.

There it sits, one thousand sheets of blank paper.

So I bought my self some paper (1000 sheets to be precise) and a packet of pencils. I’m going to draw out on all of those sheets before I commit to buying a graphics tablet.

In order to make it easier to draw, I’ve built a drawing table thingy (an angled bit of wood) that I can lean on and be in a slightly more comfortable position when drawing.

Day One, Sheet One. Only 999 sheets to go.

You can see there sheet one, with some random doodles on it. I’m not planning on drawing anything particularly fantastic on each and every sheet – it’s more a matter of practicing so that I can be more consistent.

And on the plus side, but the time I’ve taught myself to draw really well, I’ll need to change the way I draw to use the graphics tablet properly.

Hmm…

No comments: