Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I ... give up.

Well, I did have a crack at NaNoWriMo this year. Last years was a load of fun and I was really focussed while doing it.

This year, I just wanted to do something less structured and decided that instead of going for a proper story that I'd just hammer out words, without rhyme or reason. Turns out that it was very unsatisfying. Writing for the sake of writing is not my style.

This reflects badly on my poor neglected site, so I thought about a new goal. This goal is to write 1 million words on the Loneverse site. If I were to maintain the 50,000 words a month speed, then that would amount to 20 months of work.

Hmm... can I handle 50K words a month? Probably not. One million is probably kinda high, but I'll see how far I can get. In order to get started, I'll go fire up the computer and watch some movies.

*sigh*

No comments: