Saturday, October 24, 2009

Gearing up for NaNo and stuff

Well, it’s nearly the end of October and NaNoWriMo is all set to get cracking again. There is a pre-Nano meet-up tomorrow in the city (there was an unofficial one today for those that can’t make it tomorrow, not sure how many attended), and I intend to be at the meet-up.

NaNo is awesome fun and quite hectic. I’ll be having a few problems this year as mum goes in for surgery at the end of October.

That’s the other bit of news. Mum is having her gall bladder removed. Hopefully the doctor will be able to remove it via keyhole surgery, but they say that they may have to open her up. If they cut her open, then she has to stay longer in the hospital and will take longer to recover.

Hopefully all will go well. I’ve booked a few days off from work (I wanted to take two weeks off, but they would only allow me three days), so hopefully between me and my brother we’ll be able to make sure she gets better.

The last thing is that my dog tags arrived. I had to wait until I knew my blood type, but they are now around my neck. I put my name, blood type, drivers license number and emergency contact details on there.

They are supposed to be military grade stainless steel, but we’ll see how long they last…

Also, I saw Up today. I liked it.

No comments: