Thursday, February 4, 2016

Cruise sick

Can't say that I've ever had a hankering to go on a cruise. The big draw that I hear people raving about are the drinks and doing nothing - neither of which are things that appeal to me. I'm not a "lounge by the pool getting wasted all day" kind of guy.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind setting sail on a reasonably big ship, going out to sea hunting sunken treasure or something. Not a little tug boat size ship, something like a coast guard or research vessel sized ship or bigger.

Currently in the news, another cruise ship has docked with an outbreak of gastro. Considering that they are a closed system of sorts, have thousands of people from different parts of the country and go visiting other countries, they become a petri dish of mixed bugs.

No wonder people get sick. Pass, not my thing. I'd rather keep working. Or have a good hobby to keep me busy.

No comments: