Saturday, August 22, 2009

Me, an author? Epic fail.

Well, for a while now (since I participated in the 2007 NaNoWriMo) I've been trying to get into writing. I've set myself targets, gotten supplies, set aside time and even bought an ergonomic keyboard specifically for this - and I'm not getting too far.

Let's see - in the past twelve weeks, I've set myself the target of 20,000 words for June (as a warm-up towards JuNoWriMo), 50,000 words for the July WriMo and 20,000 again for August to keep ticking over on the way towards this year's WriMo in November.

How many words did I actually write?

Zero.

Oh yay me - that is truly a distinguished effort which greatly exemplifies the term "epic fail". If I'd gotten only a few thousand out each month then that would be just plain old fail. But to have achieved absolutely nothing? That takes a special kind of non-effort right there.

So the current goals are being re-evaluated and I'm locking down time and resources to devote to this. I have at least two sites (more like three) that I have running devoted to this project(s) and they have stalled for quite some time now.

Oh well, onwards and upwards.

In related news, I'm looking over the idea of buying a graphics tablet again. No idea why since I don't have the skill or discipline to draw properly anyway.

Well, since I should be writing - I'm off. To go watch a movie. District 9 actually.

*sigh*

No comments: