Friday, January 1, 2016

And the cycle renews

And so passes away 2015, a turbulent year I spent mostly away from my family. I think I only saw my wife and the kids for one month out of the twelve. Had a lot of ups and downs (admittedly mostly downs) but I'm optimistic that we're on an upward swing. Financially we're getting on top of things but these few weeks during the move are very turbulent. Lots of extra expenses though I'm saving where I can.

My main goal in 2016 is to learn to play the guitar. I don't have any lofty dreams or overzealous ambitions for my playing, but I do want to be improving throughout the year. So long as I make the time to practice, then I should be right. Right?

I'm not sure how much writing I will be doing. I've been trying to committ to writing since 2007 but haven't really gotten into it. I get motivated, want to write but then when I sit down in front of the computer and ... nothing. I have ideas, I have stories in my head that I want to tell but they come out very dry and clinical. If I wrote more, no doubt I'd be better at it; but it's one of those things were you have to go through the hard slog before it gets better.

My true passion is video, producing movies and video clips and such. But I don't have a few spare million lying around. And there's no money in it, not in Australia. Now, if I won lotto... :D

I'll have to settle for making little videos for me, just me playing (or more likely, trying to play) my guitar.

Can't wait for it to arrive!

No comments: