Thursday, May 21, 2020

Ten kay, so close!

Had the chance to do another 10km run today, recorded. Don't always get a chance to have my phone on me when we do these longer runs.

My old personal best was 1 hour and 30 seconds. The long term goal is to crack the one hour mark for 10km but didn't quite make it. Was carrying my camelbak with about 2L of water and drank about half of it, but also had a little Flip 4 bluetooth speaker which added a bit of weight, though not much.

Todays time was 1:01.08 - 38 seconds off from my personal best. Though that time was done in 2018, two years of cream and wear & tear on the knees.

The highlight is that I managed to do it without dropping to a walk. In 2018 I remember I slowed down to a walk a few times, so my running speed must have been higher. Still, not too bad. Finished the run about eight minutes ago and I feel like I could go run some more (I'm not going to).

No comments: