Sunday, July 25, 2021

Quarantine - Day 2

Had my first brain tickler today. Can't say having the probe jammed into the back of my throat and up my nose is fun - left my eyes watery actually! I suspect this is going to happen a bunch more times before this is all over.

On the plus side, internet is available in my room now. I suspect it needed to be enabled and the mini router in each room susplies enough wifi for just that room. The walls are all metal (moveable mini buildings), and I can only see one wifi signal in the room. I think if I stood between two rooms with the doors open, I'd see two signals.

Not a theory I'm going to be able to test, I intend to have as little interaction with the other residents as possible - none at all if I can help it

At the moment it's not possible to receive things from home, so I'm stuck with the clothes I took down south. Not a huge drama, but I'm going to try and not use the laundry here. Mimimise the risk of exposure as much as possible. If I'm let out when the lockdown in Adelaide is lifted then it becomes a non-issue. If I need to do the full 14 days then I can wash clothes in the shower - though running out of laundry powder may become an issue.

No comments: