Sunday, October 24, 2021

Gave in and joined the cult - five years after the fact

 I was never a big fan of it, I avoided it for half a decade but I've given in and started a Pokemon Go account.

Set it up early this morning, then took the doggos out for a walk. It's interesting how it's geared towards "quick rewards" for new players. It was just about giving me a new level for not falling over! Caught a Pokemon? Level up. Swiped a poke-stop? Level up. Went around the corner? Level up.

After one walk this morning:

  • Covered 3.8km (about average for our dog walks)
  • Took about an hour and 15 minutes (a touch slower, normally we go out for under an hour)
  • Collected 43 different types of Pokemon
  • Caught 73 individual Pokemon
  • Hatched 2 eggs
  • And dropped one Pokemon into a gym (which was promptly beaten up within a few hours)
Overall, it's about what I was expecting (my wife has been playing for years). Funnily enough, didn't see a single Rattata!

On the to-do list: learn how to manage inventory and how to pick which critters to keep.

No comments: