Friday, November 30, 2007

Day Fourteen, Part Two - Finished!

Woohoo! Finished within the deadline on 50,248 words!

I really didn't think that I was going to make it there for a while. It was really hard going and there was one day that I wrote nothing at all! I thought that that would finish me off, but I was able to claw back on the last weekend.

Looking back now, if I had started planning in October and started writing at the start of November with everyone else then I think that I could have finished quite comfortably well within the deadline.

As it was, I started late (about halfway through the month) and I finished early (in Australia we're about 12 hours ahead of America, so I had half a day less). I would have had a little more time if I'd gone by US time instead of local time, but it was simpler for me.

I'm going to put this event on my calendar for next year so that I don't forget it. It was a lot of fun, even if it did eat up all my free time and cause me a bit of stress at work.

I'll also see about doing something else with writing. This may have left me mentally drained, but it felt really good to be doing something creative.

It wasn't as rewarding as building something physical with my hands, but hopefully at least a few people will read it and enjoy it.

It'll take me a few days to convert to html and get it up on my website, but I'll do that over the weekend (hopefully!). I'll probably also convert to pdf so people can download it rather than staying connected.

Right now - off to bed!

No comments: