Thursday, March 13, 2008

Settling in

Well, the new place is pretty swish.

I'm on a bed now instead of on a sofa so I can stretch out and relax at night. The place even comes with a gym and pool (down on the ground floor) which I have access to. Had a good workout this morning, which will really help with my fitness goals. Unfortunately, there are no free weights, but at least it's included in the rent.

I'm going to have a bit of spare time now, especially on days when I'm not working, so I'll be able to spend a bit more time working on Loneverse.com and writing more stories. I haven't been able to add anything for about three weeks and I'm not liking that.

Food might be a bit of a concern since the other three people here have different diets to me, but I should be able to work something out. Annoyingly since I'm right in the middle of the city, everything is much more expensive than it really needs to be. I want to buy some more clothes and I'll probably mount an expedition out to the suburbs for it rather than trying to find something cheap here in the city itself. Well, you win some, you lose some.

On a totally unrelated note, I was looking at how much it costs to go on one of those climbs of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. It's $180 which seems a bit steep, but I guess they can charge that since it's a pretty big draw for the tourists. While I'm at it, I might look around and see what other such touristy type stuff there is to do around here. Might as well treat this trip like a holiday rather than sitting in the house all day.

No comments: