Friday, May 16, 2008

A Mexican't

For the last couple of weeks I've been mostly eating either my own food or the occasional visit to the local take away and dine in asian restaurants (plus some US style junk food like Hungry Jacks).

However, I've noticed that a lot of the asian places that I've been to tend to have a more subtle, understated flavour. Unless it's covered in soy sauce. But other than that, the dishes, the rice and the desserts especially tend to be more subtle than other types of food I've had.

Yesterday, I went to a Mexican restaurant.

Ow. Mexican food is not subtle. It punches you right in the mouth and lets you know that it's there. I loved it. I had a mess of food and was thoroughly satiated plus my tastebuds got a real workout.

So it was a fun night. The place was the Baja Cantina in Glebe, Sydney. Good place.

No comments: