Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Gah! I'm an imbecile!

Dammit!

Dammit! Again!

I normally drive so well. I drive all the way around the city every day on my normal commute. On Thursday I drove even slower than normal in order to save fuel and because it was coming up on a public holiday weekend (double demerits). I see a yellow light (incidentally, the last set of lights before my house) and what do I do? I think "I can make it" and try to get through.

Of course, the lights change and I get flashed by the red light camera.

Dammit!

I'm not mad that I got flashed.I did the wrong thing and so a fine is due. I'm mad at myself for doing something stupid. I think it's been about four years since my last traffic infringement. Now we re-set the counter and wait for the fine to show up so I can pay it.

No comments: