Monday, November 20, 2017

Reincarnation

I don't believe in reincarnation. To my way of thinking, it seems a bit pointless. I prefer a story that starts somewhere, goes somewhere, then ends somewhere. If people died but then had to come back and give it another go as something else, it feels too much like all that learning and experience was wasted. Then do it again...

However, I do have a pretty good argument in favour of reincarnation. It is thus:

If all living things require a "soul" (or spirit, or spark, or essence - any name for an imperceivable life force), and there are a finite number of these souls, then since there are now so many souls taking their turn being human, then that explains all the extinctions (there aren't enough souls left over to be other things).

That's my argument in favour of reincarnation. I'm sure if we do the maths it wouldn't bear out (how many cows and chickens and pigs are there now compared with a hundred years ago?), but it sounds good.

No comments: