Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Hail, work and related news

For the first time this year, it actually hailed around here! I didn't crop the photos very well, but those small, grainy white things that look like sand around the edge of the brickwork - that's hail. Granted, not a whole lot of it...

hail in the backyard

It's pretty cool because it doesn't hail that often. Everything was fine, there was a little bit of thunder and then it got real cold real quick. Then bang! it started pelting down.

the rest of the back yard

That happened a few days ago now, but it took me a while to get around to pulling the photos off from my digital camera.

In other news, I've been promoted from casual to full time at work. Most people would say "about time" since it's my first full-time job. Ever! All my jobs have been casual up until now and I'm 28! Whoops, may have been putting it off too long.

It'll be good because it means that I'll be getting more money but bad because it means that I'll have less time to do all the little odds and ends that I always do around here. I'll also need to make sure that I get all the details that I need for my big trip over to the Eastern States at the end of the year so that I know which days to get off. Which weeks actually, as there's no point going for just a few days.

Not much else to report. I'd like to get a new webcomic started, maybe a photo webcomic with some basic images and witty / crappy comments. If I can think of something funny, I'll give it a go. Maybe it'll actually get popular, but only if it's good...

No comments: