Sunday, August 3, 2008

I've been quiet lately...

Wow, this is the first time that I have been sick for so long.

I think it was around the start of July that I first got sick. I had basic cold and flu-like symptoms. The first week wasn't too bad. Felt miserable, but was able to soldier on. Second week took me down hard and I spent the entire week in bed. That was bad. Second week had to go back to work, still miserable but not as bad as the second week.

Lots and lots of coughing so not really getting any sleep at night which led to a few interesting "slightly out of it" moments. Now it's the start of August and I'm finally starting to feel a little better. Not a whole lot, had some not-fun moments last night when I was supposed to be going to meet up with some people that I do freelance IT for.

Anyway, enough griping.

A few weeks ago it was cold - really cold. Check out the window in the morning:

a really cold morning, ice on the windshield and everything

That's freakin' in ICE on the windshield - in PERTH of all places! I think that was the morning I might have first gotten sick. That photo was taken a while back, not sure exactly when since I didn't write it down.

At least it's starting to warm up a little now - I hate the cold.

No comments: