Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hi Ho, Hi Ho

Well, I've organized for a bin to be dropped off in order to get rid of as much of the old car parts as possible. I have engine blocks, gearboxes, complete engines, diffs and all manner of bits lying around and I want to get rid of them before I move.

Ideally, I'd pack them all onto a trailer and take them to a scrap metal yard and maybe even get some money for them, but my car can't tow a trailer. And I can't carry them...

So I guess I'll have to pay. On the plus side, I'll be able to dump a whole mess of other household stuff as well since the garbage place will take more than just car parts. Pretty much everything except tyres, oil/paint and asbestos. Of which I have plenty. Grr.

The laptop is all set up and running, so ready to be stolen. I haven't started packing, but I'm not taking that much with me, mainly clothes. The last couple of days will be a bit of a crunch, but so far it's all looking good.

No comments: