Friday, February 24, 2023

Flat tyre - again

 It was only this week that I rotated all the tyres on both cars, today had a flat on the one I was driving.

Though I strongly suspect it was less "flat" and more "losing air". The difference? The rim wasn't all the way down, so it was still holding some air. I did feel that the car was a bit "wobbly" on the drive to work this morning - one of the reasons I checked it this afternoon before leaving. It was pouring down with rain this morning, so I was more preoccupied with getting in to work, but glad I checked before driving home.

On the plus side, this is the tyre that had already been identified as needing to be swapped. It's over 20 years old, and tyres should be replaced when they get to about ten years. So we got a fair amount of use out of it! Though most of that was as spare wheel duty. It has a long-ish gash along an edge, so I suspect it may have been partially torn or weakened when we went off roading 20 days ago. Or just from driving around on it the last few days since the rotation.

Anyway, it was relatively fast to get the spare swapped over. This is the shaky one that had been on the front, but the vibration isn't as noticeable on the rear axle. Going to be a few dollars to get another new tyre, but can't go driving around too far without a spare!

No comments: