Thursday, August 2, 2007

And the winner is...

Last night we had the grand finals for the 2007 Next Big Thing contest at the Rosemount Hotel. Basically, looking for new bands and promoting local music. I work with one of the sponsors so I was sent down to check it out and do a spot of networking.

Unlikely that anyone reading this will have heard of any of these bands (unless you live around here), but for those that might be interested:

3rd: The Howlin' Novocaines
2nd: The Chemist
1st: Harlequin League

Keep an eye out, we should have their new video clip out sometime soon (maybe a month or so) and hopefully these chaps will go on to bigger and better things.

Other than that, not much on today seeing as it's Sunday.

Hosting update: Not that anyone really cares, but I've finally found a semi-decent host who responds to emails! I'm going to be going through Jumba, an Australian registry and host provider. It would have been so much easier if I had a credit card or lived in America. But then I'd probably have been shot by now...

Mood: Hungry. Off to lunch.

No comments: