Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Setting up my own website...

I figured it was about time that I went and set up my own webpage.

Not that I have a huge amount of content to share or anything, but I do have enough to justify bringing it all togther onto one site. At the moment I have a bunch of stuff scattered across a few different free hosts and I want to get something a bit more ... me.

I was looking at a bunch of different hosting options and I have to say - the Americans are really spoiled for choice. A simple .com can have 10Gb storage and 100Gb bandwidth for only a couple of bucks. The best .com.au provider offers 250Mb storage and 1Gb bandwidth for $170 p/year! I may just use a bit of space on the work site for now before I go and spend my own cash.

Oi, vey.

Sometimes, it's so damned expensive to be patriotic.

No comments: