Thursday, August 16, 2007

Another day, another comic uploaded

It took a while to get all the html coded up, but I managed to get my comic ictoanftc (I couldn't think of a name for this comic) onto the site. It's viewable here, but it's one of those "unfinished" comics. I have quite a long story laid out for it, but for some reason I can't bring myself to continue it.

I was going to put up the complete story (or what I had written so far) but there is a fair amount of good material in there which I may still use.

In unrelated news, I bought a digital camera today. A nice Canon Powershot A550 which seems to be a fairly nice camera so far. I've also bought a tripod for it from eBay (through a friend's account). Hopefully the tripod will be suitable and everything will work well together. If it does, great. If it doesn't, then at least it didn't cost me that much.

I'm a bit miffed about some work I had done on the car today.

Basically, the reverse light was coming on when the vehicle was in neutral, not reverse (it's an automatic). I took it to the auto electrician but it turns out that the part it needed was no longer available from the manufacturer. And the car isn't that old.

So I told the chaps to install a simple switch so that I can turn on the reverse light manually, and to install an immobilizer while they were at it. Told "it'll be $150" which is decent. Final tally, it came out at $230 because the price was just for the immobilizer and didn't include labour or additional bits.

Aaargh.

I hate cars...

No comments: