Friday, August 3, 2007

The plot thickens

Okay, so it turns out that I made a slight error when making the domain application. I put some non-needed data in a field that didn't need filling and so my application ended up on a 'waiting for reply' queue.

Well, at least I now know for next time.

Apparently my application has now gone through (or is in the process of doing so) so it should now come up in the next 24-48 hours. However, being a .au domain, I would expect that I would see it sooner than if I was doing a regular .com or a .ru domain. However, I think that since it is a .au domain, it has to go off to the big American nameservers, down to the Australian nameservers and then I'll be able to see it.

However, I have it on good authority that domain reg's through this company 'normally' take around 4 to 6 hours. And that's from a client, not a company rep.

We'll see how it's going when I knock off work tonight.

No comments: